What is Firmware?
Your iom2 biofeedback device runs embedded firmware (a special type of software) that controls and manages the device.
New versions of iom2 firmware may be periodically made available for you to update your iom2 to enable new features, provide updated functionality or correct issues.
Requirements for Updating iom2 Firmware
Updating your iom2 firmware requires some dedicated time (usually less than 10 minutes) and should be done with uninterrupted care and attention.
Please note: The firmware update is done through USB, not Bluetooth and therefore requires a Windows or MAC computer.
In order to update your iom2 firmware, you will need:
- Your iom2 biofeedback device. Please ensure your iom2 is adequately charged.
- Your Wild Divine (Unyte) USB cable.
- The Wild Divine (Unyte) Firmware Updater application:
Download the latest firmware updater application here:
(last updated 19 Oct 2020 - version 1.0.3 (20101901))
Updating Your iom2 Firmware
- Find some time (usually less than 10 minutes) to proceed uninterrupted.
- Ensure your iom2 is adequately charged.
- Launch the Wild Divine (Unyte) Firmware Updater application on your PC or MAC and follow the instructions. The Firmware Updater will walk you through the process, step by step. (*NOTE: it is necessary to physically click each box to put a checkmark in the 4 boxes before clicking the continue button to finish the update)
- Once the firmware update is complete, the iom2 will reset automatically and power back up as normal. (You'll see the leaves display before returning to its regular messaging)
Please contact our support team if you have any issues at firstname.lastname@example.org or if your iom2 is reporting "Faulty Sensor".
- Ensure that when you are prompted to plug your USB cable into the iom2, the cable is firmly and snugly plugged in.
- It is necessary to physically click each box to put a checkmark in the 4 boxes before clicking the continue button to finish the update)
- Once the Wild Divine (Unyte) Firmware Updater is updating your iom2, do not interrupt the process.
- In order to put the iom2 into "firmware updater mode", start with the iom2 "asleep", i.e. the display is blank and the USB cable is not plugged in. Your iom2 will usually go to sleep within 30 to 60 seconds of inactivity.
- Please note: Some earlier models of the iom2 do not show the "Firmware Updater Mode" message on the screen. The best way to determine whether your iom2 is in "firmware updater mode" is if the light on the button on the side of the iom2 stays lit.
- Ensure your iom2 has at least some battery charge before starting this process, i.e. the display should not show "Please charge your iom2 now!". If this message does appear, please charge your iom2 for at least 1 to 2 hours before proceeding with the firmware updating process.
From time to time, updates to the iom2 firmware may be required. We will offer specific instructions on how to do this when needed, but we wanted to show you how to put the iom2 into Firmware Update Mode.
With the device off, press and hold the button for quite a few seconds until the button light remains solid and the screen displays "FIRMWARE UPDATE".
How To Get the iom2 Out of Firmware Update Mode
If you accidentally put the iom2 into Firmware Update Mode, you can cancel this by performing a hard reset. In order to do this, simply put a pin in the small hole on the bottom of the device. This will reset the device and it will power back up normally.
If you are in any way unsure about the iom2 firmware updating process, please don't hesitate to contact Wild Divine Support (email@example.com) for more assistance.