This guide will help you connect your IomBlue sensors with Relaxing Rhythms App.
Before you begin these next steps please make sure that you:
1. Have the Relaxing Rhythms App installed on your iOS device.
2. Have the IomBlue sensors and that they are charged
3. Have Bluetooth enabled on your iOS device.
4. Have the ear sensor connected to your IomBlue device and clipped properly to your earlobe.
If you need any assistance with the previous steps or for more generic IomBlue sensor connection guidance and assistance please see the IomBlue Troubleshooting Guide.
Step 1 – Open Relaxing Rhythms App
Step 2 – Navigate to IomBlue Exercise
The IomBlue is not necessary for all functions and exercises in Relaxing Rhythms. The following exercises and activities utilize the IomBlue Sensors:
1. Guided Practice – Practice Events
2. Self Exploration – All Activities
3. Iom Grapher
Step 3 – Wait for Connection
Before you begin and exercise or meditation that require the IomBlue sensors you will be presented with a screen that looks like the following image:
In this screen you can make several adjustments to personalize your session such as breathing cycle, duration, audio cues, etc. This screen also has an indicator of the connection status to the IomBlue sensors (right side, beneath blue butterfly) labeled “IOM SENSOR SIGNAL”. When this indicator is green and says the word “GOOD” the sensors are fully connected and you are ok to proceed with the meditation or session.
If this indicator is red and and says the word “POOR” the sensors have not yet fully connected to the App. If you have previously done all of the steps outlined in the IomBlue Troubleshooting Guide then proceed to the steps below to resolve the issue.
Problem Resolution Steps
1. Verify sensor is detecting HR signal. A small red LED will pulse in time with your heartbeat on the IOMBlue face (upper left corner) if the sensor connection is ok. If this is not occurring, remove the sensor from your ear for 5-10 seconds and replace. Make sure no hair or other foreign matter is between the sensor and your earlobe. Wait 6-12 seconds for IOM SENSOR SIGNAL to change to green. Proceed with next step if sensor connection does not occur.
2. Even if HR signal is pulsing the sensor may need to be readjusted for signal to be sensed by your iOS Device. Remove the sensor from your ear for 5-10 seconds and replace. Make sure no hair or other foreign matter is between the sensor and your earlobe. Wait 6-12 seconds for IOM SENSOR SIGNAL to change to green. Proceed with next step if sensor connection does not occur.
3. Unplug the sensor cable from the IomBlue and wait 5-10 seconds. Unplugging the cable from the device turns the IomBlue power off and plugging it back in turns it back on. Wait 6-12 seconds for IOM SENSOR SIGNAL to change to green. Proceed with next step if sensor connection does not occur.
4. Quit the App and unplug the sensor cable from the IomBlue. Wait 5 seconds and restart the App. Plug the sensor cable back into the IomBlue once the App has restarted and reposition the sensor on your earlobe as described in Step 2 above. Once again navigate to an event or meditation that utilizes the IomBlue and wait 6-12 seconds for the IOM SENSOR SIGNAL indicator to go from Red/Poor to Green/Good. Repeat this step one more time if the issues persists. If that does not solve the problem, please contact us at [email protected] for further assistance.
© Copyright Wild Divine, Inc. All rights reserved.